Friday, March 18, 2011

Week 10 EOC Networking

Networking has been primarily responsible for the business I have been doing and have scheduled up to this point.  I have a solid foot-hold with a number of different resources right now from the entertainment editor for the Associated Press to the Head of Media Relations at the Thomas and Mack center.  These people have become not just clients, but friends in the since that we get along well, and keep each other in the loop as to what we are working on, and what is available.  It also helps having friends with connections, as I am working on the finishing touches for Euphoria Institute to photograph all of their graduations, twice a year for each school, with 3 schools in town.  I am currently doing charity work for the Las Vegas Dachshund and Doberman Rescue which is giving me residual contacts with the people that adopt the dogs as well as those business that work with the rescue.  I have a marketing campaign launching next week that is aimed at the parents of children who play sports for the city and local organizations to provide action shots of their children while they play.  I offer all of my new clients a 25% discount for their first shoot, but I make sure that the invoice shows my regular price and an explanation of why they are getting a discount.  This has helped me ease the uncertainty of some of my clients who are un-familiar with working with me and allows me to justify my cost after working with them.